Microneedling has become one of the most sought after skin care treatments that naturally addresses your concerns!
Wrinkles, fine lines, acne scaring, improved hydration … and so much more!
What is Microneedling?
The mechanism of this treatment is to cause micro-tears in the skin in order to stimulate your own natural healing process. This process increases the growth of collagen and elastin which is key for youthful looking skin.
Microneedling is known to do a lot, so I will keep it simple with just the basics:
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles – The skin surface is preserved and increases in density over time. Cell-to-cell communication is improved, and regenerative healing capabilities are restored.
- Increased hydration – Microneedling reboots cell function which allows for up to 80% more absorption of topically applied substances. So what does this mean? Your skin will do a better job at absorbing your moisturizing skin care products leading to a healthy, hydrated glow.
- Minimize scar tissue – Mechanical breakdown of scar tissue leads to remodeling the skin surface. This means goodbye acne scarring.
- Glowing, youthful appearance – If you’re looking for tighter and brighter skin for the weekend ahead, microneedling is a great option. Give yourself a few days before a big event, and your skin will be glowing!
- Friendly all year round – When used in isolation, microneedling does NOT produce photosensitivity (sometimes referred to as sun allergy), meaning it is a great option for year-round treatments.
- The opportunities are endless – There is no limit to the number of treatments you can receive. I typically recommend a series of four to six sessions, spaced four to six weeks apart. Results are long term and accumulative, which means your skin will continue to get better with time.
Microneedling has become one of our most desirable treatments, due to the long lasting and natural effects it produces. If you’re looking for a treatment that combats everything from fine lines and wrinkles to acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and discolouration, microneedling is just for you!
-Sarah McGuire, R.Ac
To book an appointment with Sarah, visit our website at theiv.ca or give us a call at 604-974-8999