We’re almost a full month into the New Year and now is about the time a lot of our New Year’s resolutions begin to fall off track. Work picks up, our lives get busy, and we find ourselves in the same routine we promised we’d never go back too.
But that’s life right?
The To Do List never seems to go away. Work will always be there. Laundry seems to never end. The kids always have somewhere to be…it goes on and on and on.
How many times do you find yourself saying “I’m exhausted?” “I just need a break!” “I need a vacation!”? We know these words come out of our mouths almost daily, so please know you are not alone in those thoughts. Know you are not the only person who feels like they are taking on the world.
So what exactly is Burnout?
Burnout is defined as the physical or mental collapse caused by overwork or stress. You may feel drained and depleted, unable to fall asleep or even get out of bed in the morning. Sometimes physical symptoms such as colds, cases of flu, digestion issues, hormone balances, etc. pop up because our body just can’t handle the overload and stress. You may find yourself feeling disconnected from the things, or people, that once brought you joy. Maybe work isn’t as enjoyable as it once was. You might find yourself easily distracted at your job or maybe nothing is getting accomplished.
However burnout may be showing up for you, there are things you can do right now to help prevent it from coming into your life and taking over.
So how can you stop the never-ending To Do list? How can you beat the chaos that is everyday life and ensure you find a way to keep yourself happy and healthy throughout 2019?
Here are our top 5 recommendations for avoiding burnout:
- Put yourself at the TOP of your to-do list – Yes we said it. Forget the laundry. Don’t clean the kitchen. Put the to-do list away (it will always be there tomorrow). Instead, order in dinner for the night, go for a walk, meet that friend you haven’t seen in ages. Maybe get up 30 minutes early and hit your favourite Hot Yoga class or have a relaxing bath at the end of the day. We understand it’s not easy, but each day you need to put you first and that means whatever you need to do for you…just do it.
- Sleep! – We know it seems obvious, but when you stop and think about it, when was the last time you got some quality zzz’s? When was the last time you went to sleep early and woke up feeling refreshed? When was the last time you didn’t find yourself rushing to the nearest coffee shop for your afternoon hit or morning jolt? Every person is unique in his or her needs, but if you aim for 7-9 hours of quality sleep a night, burnout is less likely to take over.
- Spend time with people you love – Go for dinner with your friends, call your mom, have a date night in. Whoever lights you up and makes you forget about your stress, spend more time with those people. They are guaranteed to brighten your mood.
- Eating nourishing foods – In these colder months, this may look like a hot cup of herbal tea, a warm bowl of vegetable soup, the famous avocado toast, or a bag of trail mix for your afternoon snack. Nourish your body with foods that are known to provide consistent energy throughout the day, and will keep your immune system healthy through these winter days.
- Get a Burnout IV – This IV is perfectly formulated for those of us who are struggling with the effects of burnout. The high doses of specific nutrients will help improve your stress tolerance and boost your energy. After a burnout IV, most people notice that it is easier to get out of bed and stick to their self-care routines and nourishment goals. This IV is designed to help get the pep back in your step!
That’s it! Follow the five recommendations above and remember to put yourself at the TOP of your To Do list in 2019. Don’t let burnout knock on your door……your mind, body, and soul will thank you!
— The IV Team
To keep yourself healthy and stress-free in 2019, come in for your Custom IV by calling our clinic at 604-974-8999 or book online at theiv.ca