Sneaky signs of Dehydration and How to Stay Safe
Staying cool and hydrated during this heat wave is so important as our health can quickly break down when over-heated and dehydrated. As the temperature rises, so should our attention to keeping safe and healthy!
Your body is made up mostly of water – it is the universal solvent to all of the machinery of life. This means that every cell in your body relies on water to function.
When dehydrated, your body can begin to over-heat and this can quickly become an emergency. Thirst is an obvious sign of dehydration – but there are also other signs which you must watch out for that can signal to you that you need to seek more fluids, stat.
Sneaky signs of dehydration:
- Unexplained tiredness or weakness
- Muscle pain or poor strength
- Pee is dark, strong smelling or infrequent
- Headache or dizziness
How to avoid dehydration:
- Try to drink regularly throughout the day. Drinking small amounts frequently is more effective than large, infrequent intake.
- Drink 1 cup of water (250ml) every 15-30 minutes when you are sweating and 3-5L per day.
- Carry a water bottle with you to make sure you always have water on hand.
- Add electrolytes to your water, or try this home made one from Wellness Mama (https://wellnessmama.com/2575/natural-sports-drink/#recipe)
- Avoid caffeine containing drinks and alcohol
What to do when you need more help:
When you are struggling to keep on top of your hydration it’s essential to seek help. IV hydration can be essential to avoiding repercussions of acute dehydration and is the quickest way to get hydrated. The treatment consists of minerals and vitamins formulated to restore optimal hydration. It’s also a great escape from the heat of the sun!
Call in to book your Rehydrate IV today! Call (604) 974-8999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment.